To join this site and get updates on new articles click on the “join this site” button on the bottom of the page. Through this site you can follow me on trips, modifications, product reviews, etc. Please feel free to comment, make requests, or ask questions on any post. If you've found this site enjoyable, or perhaps saved yourself some money and would like to make a small contribution to help pay for the server and maintenance costs please click on the "Donate" button. Enjoy, ride safe, and keep your knees in the breeze. -Jared

Hoppe Industries - Quadzilla Fairing


My newest Nomad came with a fairing. When I purchased the bike, I wasn't positive what brand it was but, after a bit more investigating, I've found out that it is a Hoppe Industries Quadzilla fairing.

The Fairing fits the bike perfectly, like OEM equipment, using the same mounts as the windshield it replaces. Mine features four 5-inch, marine grade, chrome speakers that match the loads of chrome I've added to the bike. The stereo is a cheap, Eclipse, 50 x 4-watt stereo that sounds good but tends to skip on bumpy roads. I do plan on replacing it with one that has a USB port when funds allow. I also have 3 shields of different sizes and tints. I currently am using the shortest (5"[?]), solid black shield which looks great and still provides great protection for my 5'8" stature. I also have the solid chrome windshield strip that breaks up the fairing and the shield nicely.

One complaint I have with this fairing is how the inner and outer fairing meet together. Their edges don't match up perfectly and, although it must be close enough for 99% of people out there (Hoppe has won a number of awards for these fairings), I'd like to see them match up perfectly so that a single piece of door edging could seal both edges together.



This fairing package new would cost over $1900, which seems rather steep. I am glad it was already on the bike when I bought it. It was actually the main reason I bought it.


Jared M. Gant

4 comments:

  1. Looks good, Utah! Your set up is exactly what I have in mind for my Nomad... only in a different color. :-) MO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your ride. I live in North Ogden and just bought a Vulcan 900 Custom. Maybe I'll see ya around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I see you around, how am I gonna know it's you, Mr. Anonymous?

    I owned a vn900 for about 12K miles. LOVE it! They're great bikes for sure. If you ever have any service etc questions, let me know!

    Ride safe!

    Jared

    ReplyDelete