To join this site and get updates on new articles click on the “join this site” button on the bottom of the page. Through this site you can follow me on trips, modifications, product reviews, etc. Please feel free to comment, make requests, or ask questions on any post. If you've found this site enjoyable, or perhaps saved yourself some money and would like to make a small contribution to help pay for the server and maintenance costs please click on the "Donate" button. Enjoy, ride safe, and keep your knees in the breeze. -Jared

New Nomad


As you can read in a previous post, I sold my Nomad. I had no intention to sell it, I never do have intentions to sell my bikes, but the amount offered by the buyer was enough to make it a no-brainer.

Shortly after selling it, I started looking for a new bike. After a bit of searching I decided it was going to be another Nomad. That would be number three! With all the experience with Nomads, I knew exactly what I wanted with this new bike. I wanted a 1600cc, less than 20K miles, fairing, as many other accessories as possible and under a certain price. Price was big issue.

After a few weeks of searching I found a 2006 with under 17K miles, a Hoppe Quadzilla fairing with the audio and chrome package, Vance and Hines dual exhaust, light bar, top and bottom bag rails, a Mutazu trunk, front fender rail, highway pegs, and a few other odds and ends, all at an amazing, amazing price! Only difficult part was that it was in El Paso, Texas.

I had a fellow VROC-er go look the bike over and he gave me a BIG thumbs up. That was all I needed, so I advanced a small amount of money to the seller to have him hold it for me and I bought a one way plane ticket to Texas. After a quick look-over, finding what I had anticipated--a rock-solid bike--I bought it and rode it home. The rest is history and can be read under the "trips" tab.

When all is said and done, I purchased the same bike, with less miles, more accessories, and after all the expenses of flying out to pick it up, I will still have $2K+

My immediate plans for the bike:
-Mustang seat(still have from previous bike)
-Full size, Harley Tour-Pac (already purchased and on it's way)
-Repaint(still undecided which color)
-Chrome inner engine cover (if I can find one or have the stock cover chromed)
-ISO grips with stiletto tips
-Home made stiletto axle tips
-Kuryakyn offset pegs

Jared M. Gant

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FINISH PRODUCT!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing likw thw feeling of a new bike!! You have done well out of that deal. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime someone is able to put a bunch of miles on a bike and sell it at a profit, that is good!

    ReplyDelete