To join this site and get updates on new articles click on the “join this site” button on the bottom of the page. Through this site you can follow me on trips, modifications, product reviews, etc. Please feel free to comment, make requests, or ask questions on any post. If you've found this site enjoyable, or perhaps saved yourself some money and would like to make a small contribution to help pay for the server and maintenance costs please click on the "Donate" button. Enjoy, ride safe, and keep your knees in the breeze. -Jared

Cheap or free mods

1. Rear license plate relocation.
Just move it up over the reflector...it looks much better and it's a free mod.
2. Grip upgrade.
The hardest part of this upgrade is choosing the adhesive. I used silicone.
(The Kuryakyn grips are my personal favorite.)
3. De-badging.
Another freebie. It just takes a little elbow grease.
(Great sleek look if you have a single tone paint job.)
4. De-baffle the stock exhaust.
This can be complicated but it's well worth the time.
5. Reflector removal.
I was mixed on this one. I was concerned about the safety side of it, but I hardly ride at night so off they came. A definate improvement....especially to the forks.
(I've done this mod and it looks good, but be warned, the reflectors are there for a reason.)
6. Mirrors.
You can't beat the visabilty of the stockers, but a nice billet mirror looks great. You can pick up a nice set from $25-$50 usually. Watch out for plastics. Some mirrors have billet brackets but plastic heads...others have plastic mirror glass.
(You can also just rotate the mirror 180 degrees and it gives it a slightly more sleek and inline look.)
7. Air cleaner cover.
This is a simple mod that really changes things. Just find an "air cleaner insert" for an Evo Harley and install it on top of your cover. I've bought 2 from eBay from around $20.00 each. I also posted a thread on the mod in the cruiser section.
(I never did this but if I still owned the 900, I would have.)
8. License plate frame.
I can't believe how many bikes I see that just have a plate bolted on. A nice chrome frame really adds to the rear of the bike. I picked one up at Wal-Mart.
(I payed $5 for mine)
9. Redneck intake mod
The stock intake is very restrictive. Remove the bock and drill holes behind the filter.
(This was free and provided a huge performance increase!)
10. FIAMM Horn
The stock 900 horn sucks. Upgrade to a Napa Fiamm horn.
(Only cost me $12)

No comments:

Post a Comment